GPS stopped working, can't figure it out... what else?

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 9 22:09:47 CEST 2010

On 9 July 2010 21:00, Yaroslav Halchenko
<site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com> wrote:
> some times, and seems whenever I don't allow it to sleep after reboot,
> it does manage to acquire time, but still doesn't see satellites
>
> On Fri, 09 Jul 2010, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
>
>> Running SHR, recently reflushed to most recent SHR and kept it up to
>> date (today).  GPS for some reason not only doesn't fixate but even
>> fails to acquire time.

I had the same problem with the new shr-unstable image. I got me some
assist data from u-blox and fed them into /dev/ttySAC1. It still took
some time, then it reported 3 satellites and about a minute later, it
showed the right gps time. Since then, it always shows the correct gps
time shortly after starting tangogps.