battery discharge on freerunner

Andrea Storto andrea.storto at
Tue Jun 29 11:08:28 CEST 2010

Hi all,

  i've a rather newbie question about Freerunner battery,
for which did not find any complete answer.
I read that I should expect 70h lifetime,
of course in ideal conditions.
Actually, I completely charged the battery
and after only 3 hours my battery status is showing
1 level over 5, therefore, provided the battery status display works
well, I ve already consumed most of the battery.

I use the QtMoko distribution (v24, last one), disabled Bluetooth and didn't
any wireless connection or GPS since Freerunner was on this morning,
did not receive or make any call, just a couple of texts.
On the wiki I read about suspended mode, but I am not
sure about what it does mean
Luckily, I have a BL-5C Nokia battery that I will try shortly,
but my question is that what I am experiencing is really
how the Freerunner battery will work, which
makes its usability in everyday like rather uncomfortable...
but hopefully I miss something :)

Thanks in advance for any hints,