Portable printer?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Mon Mar 29 13:22:00 CEST 2010

Iurii <yuri at reverseenterprises.com> writes:
> i wanted to say FR

FR can act as a USB 1.1 host. Unless your printer explicitely wants
USB 2.0 it should work.

> i wondering if you can suggest me any distro which is going to support some
> sort of printing devices.

Debian supports a large number of printers.

> * maybe you had a practice with that and you are able to suggest a model of
> a portable printer as well?

You can use

http://www.openprinting.org/printers/

to see what printers are supported by free software.

> *it can be wifi printer or even usb

At least unencrypted wifi works with only one minor issue that is easy
to workaround [http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket//2333]. I can not
promise much about complicated WPA networks.

I'd go for USB. However, you need to figure out some way to charge the
phone while it is an USB host. I used