usb jack already worn out?

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Thu May 6 15:40:40 CEST 2010

Hi Pietro,

On 6 May 2010 07:59, Pietro "m0nt0" Montorfano <monto84 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Got the same problem after six months of FR.
> Solved thanks to a friend who solded it back.
> Here are some links:
> http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td1599295
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2149
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/attachment/ticket/2149/PIC_1160_s.JPG
>
> I think it's not too difficult to fix if you are good at soldering and i
> recomand you to fix it as soon as possible because it can seriously
> damage the motherboard.

when I look at pic_1160 (before I start to disassemble the FR):

- do the 5 usb pins need to be soldered too? If yes, do I need to lead
off the heat during soldering?

- isn't it a better idea to fix the 4 corners with screws after
soldering, so that they keep together forvever? Can I drill thru the
main board or are there hidden cicuit paths within it?