How to get serial port connection to Neo Freerunner? / SOLVED

Dave Schmidt dvsm89 at
Mon Apr 4 13:42:47 CEST 2011

Hi Al and the list,

> From: Al Johnson on 03/29/11 03:17 PM

> Am I right in thinking you're using the debug board to get a serial port level
> shifted to 3.3V, and connecting that to the Calypso serial interface through
> the headset jack?

No... I do not fully understand your question, which probably means
I'm not trying THAT :)

What I understand now, is that for my purpose (running osmocon on
the phone) serial connection is not needed, as in OpenMoko case the
communication happens via TCP socket as explained in . Thanks anyway!