How to get serial port connection to Neo Freerunner? / SOLVED

Dave Schmidt dvsm89 at gmx.com
Mon Apr 4 13:42:47 CEST 2011

Hi Al and the list,

> From: Al Johnson on 03/29/11 03:17 PM

> Am I right in thinking you're using the debug board to get a serial port level
> shifted to 3.3V, and connecting that to the Calypso serial interface through
> the headset jack?

No... I do not fully understand your question, which probably means
I'm not trying THAT :)

What I understand now, is that for my purpose (running osmocon on
the phone) serial connection is not needed, as in OpenMoko case the
communication happens via TCP socket as explained in
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenMoko . Thanks anyway!

D.