Freerunner as a gateway for computer

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 21 03:00:03 CET 2011

On 20 February 2011 23:12, Dima Sorkin <dima_nadya at 013net.net> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> If it seems that the below questions are general Linux WiFi or
> networking questions without Freerunner specific issues/hacks, please
> feel free to redirect me to relevant manuals.
>
>  (1) It is sometimes more convenient for me to connect to open WiFi
> access point with Freerunner and make it serve as a gateway (for a PC
> that is connected to Freerunner via USB). How do I do it?

There is a page for gprs + usb, it should be easy to adopt that for wlan:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Tethering

>  (2) Is it possible to cause Freerunner to serve as a WiFI AP (linked
> to Internet via USB thru PC)? How?

There is some software at http://hostap.epitest.fi/ - I don't if it
works with the Freerunner hardware.

>  (3) Cause Freerunner-USB-PC chain to act as a bridge between wireless
> AP and ethernet AP?

There's a package bridge-utils, but it's not available for SHR. You
could borrow it from the debian armel package.