[openmoko-announce] planet.openmoko.org and openmoko-devel mailinglist

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Fri Jan 26 19:33:43 CET 2007

Hi!

It is my pleaasure to announce two new resources of the OpenMoko
project:

1) planet.openmoko.org

See: http://planet.openmoko.org/

This is a PlanetPlanet RSS feed aggregator of blogs and journals by
both official OpenMoko developers, and people in the comunity working
on OpenMoko related projects.

2) openmoko-devel at lists.openmoko.org

This is a mailinglist dedicated to OpenMoko development.  From
developers, for developers, by developers.

Please do not ask questions related product sales, availability,
support, usage, wishlist items, licensing or any other topic that is
not related to technical development on this list.

Initially, we didn't want to start this list before 'Phase 0' (Feb. 11),
i.e. when there are actually developers with the device in their hands,
and when the source code has been released.

However, due to the large demand, we were convinced that it was
important to start this list right now.  Nonetheless, keep in mind that
the OpenMoko development team is extremely small.

Everybody is concentrating to make the 'Phase 0' release happen on
schedule.  Therefore, the amount of time that we can spend to deal with
questions on the openmoko-devel list is very limited.  Every minute we
spend communicating with the outside world is one minute less of time
for product development.

Thus, openmoko-devel is mainly a forum for you, our external community
of fans and supporters to help each other.

You can subscribe to this list using the following URL:

Thanks for your attention,
Happy hacking,

	Harald Welte (Lead Software Architect - System Level)