Openmoko Bug #2171: stable-tracking 80f4b57/resume: eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Wed Dec 10 20:07:19 CET 2008

#2171: stable-tracking 80f4b57/resume: eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags:
No such device
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:  unspecified
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 After resume with stable-tracking 80f4b57fef5dcffb I noticed that I can no
 longer start wifi:

 {{{
 $ sudo ifconfig eth0 up
 eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
 $ lsmod
 Module                  Size  Used by
 ppp_deflate             5056  0
 bsd_comp                5920  0
 ppp_async               9824  0
 crc_ccitt               1888  1 ppp_async
 ppp_generic            25100  3 ppp_deflate,bsd_comp,ppp_async
 slhc                    5568  1 ppp_generic
 rtc_s3c                 9548  0
 $ zgrep WLA /proc/config.gz
 # CONFIG_WLAN_PRE80211 is not set
 # CONFIG_WLAN_80211 is not set
 CONFIG_AR6000_WLAN=y
 }}}

 This does not happen always and I unfortunately do not have a reliable way
 to reproduce this. I am including output of dmesg immediately after
 running "ifconfig eth0 up" but since the uptime of the system is more than
 two days the first boot messages are not visible anymore.

 Any idea what should I try to debug this?

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2171>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>