Openmoko Bug #1945: om2008.8: Sometimes I can't call my FreeRunner when it is in suspend (with logread/x.log/dmesg)

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Thu Sep 4 13:20:36 CEST 2008

#1945: om2008.8: Sometimes I can't call my FreeRunner when it is in suspend (with
logread/x.log/dmesg)
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
    Reporter:  dolfje            |        Owner:  openmoko-devel
        Type:  defect            |       Status:  new
Reproducible:  always            |     Blocking:
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Changes (by zecke):

 * cc: testing at openmoko.com (added)

Comment:

 @self: a) You use the plain Qtopia, you might get more help at Trolltech
 for that.
        b) The TI Calypso does not know that we are in suspend. And we have
 automatic call operator selection enabled. So even if the network is lost
 it should reconnect. For suspend we disabale network registration status
 messages (at least in our version of Qtopia).

 @testing: Could you test this issue. Leave the device suspended for a
 while and give it a call, give it a call until you can connect and see how
 often you need to try that?

 at the end of the day it is a TI Calypso issue... or something we don't
 yet understand about this chip.

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1945#comment:6>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>