Openmoko Bug #2026: [qtopia-phone-x11-addressbook] Overwrites home phone num with mobile phone num for VCF from Sharp GX17 Mobile

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Tue Sep 23 00:17:10 CEST 2008

#2026: [qtopia-phone-x11-addressbook] Overwrites home phone num with mobile phone
num for VCF from Sharp GX17 Mobile
 Reporter:  csamuel  |          Owner:  julian_chu
     Type:  defect   |         Status:  new
Component:  Distro   |        Version:
 Severity:  normal   |       Keywords:
Blockedby:           |   Reproducible:  always
 Blocking:           |
 I've tried to migrate my 100+ contacts from my old Sharp GX17 mobile by
 sending them one by one via Bluetooth to a Linux laptop and then combining
 them into a single file.

 For each one where I have both a mobile and home number listed I find that
 the mobile number overwrites the home number, i.e. they both are set to
 the mobile number.

 This happens both with FDOM 20080913 and OM2008.9, current addressbook
 version is:

 qtopia-phone-x11-addressbook -
 4.3.2+git429+563d5f4c781efe1a11680c6a055b409034b528ab-r39.2

 Example VCF file (anonymised):

 BEGIN:VCARD
 VERSION:2.1
 FN:Joe Bloggs
 N:;Joe Bloggs
 NICKNAME:Joe Bloggs
 TEL;HOME;VOICE:+4400000000
 TEL;HOME;CELL;VOICE:+44111111111
 CATEGORIES:1
 END:VCARD

 When I run the import I get:

 root at om-gta02:~# addressbook ./foo.vcf
 QMemoryFile: No size not specified nor able to determined from file to be
 mapped

 but I don't believe that is related.

 This happens for every VCF I've imported that I've looked at so far.

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2026>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>