Openmoko Bug #1884: [suspend/resume] if press power batton right after suspend, the device won't wake up

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Tue Sep 30 15:01:20 CEST 2008

#1884: [suspend/resume] if press power batton right after suspend, the device
won't wake up
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
    Reporter:  wendy_hung       |        Owner:  andy
        Type:  defect           |       Status:  new
Reproducible:  sometimes        |     Blocking:
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Comment(by matt_hsu):

 Problem statement:
     This issue is result from the INT is trapped in the PMU when system is
 getting into suspend. During the time of getting into suspend, there's a
 window that the I2C device is suspended.  This interrupt from PCF50633
 can't be READ & CLEAR in this moment. So you could not wake the system
 anymore.

     In my opinion, there are three approaches which could resolve this
 issue.
       1. Like HXD8, add an alternative INT pin to S3C2442. This this pin
 as a wakeup source.
       2.  Extend the debounce time of ONKEY. But this will change the
 behavior of users.
       3. Use bitbang to R&C the INT register of PMU in the last
 moment(this sounds crazy).

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1884#comment:12>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>