Openmoko Bug #2229: GSM was working fine for months, suddenly will not register using any GSM stack

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Sat May 2 19:59:44 CEST 2009

#2229: GSM was working fine for months, suddenly will not register using any GSM
stack
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  danek2    |          Owner:  joerg
     Type:  defect    |         Status:  accepted
Component:  hardware  |        Version:  GTA02v5
 Severity:  normal    |       Keywords:  calypso, gsm, registration
 Haspatch:  0         |      Blockedby:
Estimated:            |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:            |   Reproducible:  always
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by slm3095om):

 I too am suffering from this problem. It started a couple weeks ago. For
 testing, I am talking to the modem with cu, here is a log of the
 conversation
 {{{
 AT-Command Interpreter ready
 AT+CGMR
 +CGMR: "GSM: gsm_ac_gp_fd_pu_em_cph_ds_vc_cal35_ri_36_amd8_ts0-Moko11"

 OK
 AT%CSTAT=1;+CMEE=2;+CREG=2
 OK
 AT+CFUN=1
 %CSTAT: PHB, 0
 %CSTAT: PHB, 0
 %CSTAT: PHB, 0
 %CSTAT: PHB, 0

 OK
 AT+COPS=0,0
 OK

 +CREG: 2

 +CREG: 5,"2710","C60E"
 AT-Command Interpreter ready
 }}}
 I will attach the log file from the modem's debug output.

 I do have a spare battery and I have cleaned the contacts. The problem is
 present with both batteries. Sorry, but I don't have ready access to a
 scope.

 One thing that I did notice in my testing is that the modem resets with
 2008.12 but it hangs with 2009. I have to do an 'echo 1 > power_on' to get
 it back. I thought that was a little odd, I would have expected to at
 least have to do 'echo 0 > power_on; echo 1 > power_on'

--
Ticket URL: <https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2229#comment:5>
docs.openmoko.org <http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/>