Openmoko Bug #2288: xf86-video-glamo: xrandr --output LCD --rotate left fails, xrandr -o 1 works

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at docs.openmoko.org
Mon May 18 21:12:57 CEST 2009

#2288: xf86-video-glamo: xrandr --output LCD --rotate left fails, xrandr -o 1
works
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:  xorg xf86-video-glamo xrandr
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:  always
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Comment(by nicolas.dufresne):

 I've got the same on my laptop with Radeon 7500, so I guess this is
 generic Xorg issue. It turns out that this issue is related to the way the
 virtual screen are handled in Xorg. If you want to change something only
 on one output, you need your change to fit into the Screen current virtual
 size. When you don't specify the output, it looks like the change is done
 at a higher level where the virtual can be updated. I suggest trying this
 Xorg configuration to get the command 2 to work. Note that command 1 and 2
 are no equivalent. Also, command 2 is generally use in the context of
 multi-head operation.

 Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Screen0"
         Device "Videocard0"