Holger's qtopia repo: Changes to 'master'

git at git.openmoko.org git at git.openmoko.org
Tue Jul 15 22:21:42 CEST 2008

 src/libraries/qtopiaphonemodem/qmodemsmsreader.cpp |   27 +++++++++++--------
 src/server/phone/phonestatusdbusexporter.cpp       |    3 ++
 .../callpolicymanager/cell/cellmodemmanager.cpp    |   10 ++++++-
 .../callpolicymanager/cell/cellmodemmanager.h      |    1 +

New commits:
commit 2660ab006dd50beab8afc0bb77ae77a397e18037
Author: Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org>
Date:   Tue Jul 15 22:13:36 2008 +0200

    [gsm] SMS initialisation fails with my TI calypso
        After having fixed the CFUN issue the initial SMS listing and reading
        failed. The two issued commands were only issued once and the SIM BUSY
        CMS ERROR was ignored.
        Change the code to issue the CPMS as retry chat and once it succeeds
        send the +CMGL command (think of a state machine and transitions). It is
        assumed that after the +CPMS succeeds the SIM is properly initialized and
        happy to operate so a QRetryChat is not used for the message listing
        command.

        After this patch modem initialisation is working with my TI Calypso from
        cold boot again. I still have no clue how I managed to upset my modem
        to give me this behaviour.

    Log file:
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CNMI=?"
    AtChat :  F : "+CNMI: (0-2),(0-3),(0,2),(0,1),(0,1)"
    AtChat :  F : "OK"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CMGF=0"
    AtChat :  F : "OK"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CPMS="SM""
    AtChat :  F : "+CMS ERROR: 314"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CMGL=4"
    AtChat :  F : "+CMS ERROR: 314"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CNMI=2,1,2,0,0"
    AtChat :  F : "+CMS ERROR: 314"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CPBS=?"
    AtChat :  F : "+CPBS: ("EN","BD","FD","DC","LD","RC","LR","MT","AD","SM","SD
    AtChat :  F : "OK"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CPBS="EN""
    AtChat :  F : "OK"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CPBR=?"
    AtChat :  F : "+CPBR: (1-5),44,0"
    AtChat :  F : "OK"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CPBR=1,5"
    AtChat :  F : "OK"
    AtChat :  T : "AT+CNMI=2,1,2,0,0"
    AtChat :  F : "+CMS ERROR: 314"

commit 153d3809db78d978a742d27bfb9930866a1b8dee
Author: Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org>
Date:   Tue Jul 15 21:28:24 2008 +0200

    [phone] At least emit something on startup
        The question is what should be emitted at startup. Nothing? Everything? Clients
        should get the owner changed dbus notification once we are started and can
        connect to our signals... As a compromise send an updated signal strength
        as well as it might help illume to pick us up (it is the only info it is
        currently using).

commit 2cf9d267bc415c91cbbe815746b14332a5bcafb2
Author: Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org>
Date:   Tue Jul 15 21:19:47 2008 +0200

    [gsm] Do not immediately fire the next CFUN but give the modem some time...
        Do not immediately send another CFUN to the modem but wait a second
        to let the modem settle and then send the next command.