Holger's qtopia repo: Changes to 'master'

git at git.openmoko.org git at git.openmoko.org
Sun Jul 20 21:14:16 CEST 2008

 .../phonevendors/ficgta01/vendor_ficgta01.cpp      |   41 +++++++++++++++++++-
 .../phonevendors/ficgta01/vendor_ficgta01_p.h      |    7 +++

New commits:
commit be7582ca55ee2e1b81cc168ea81c11bc36cc0a43
Author: Holger Freyther <zecke at selfish.org>
Date:   Sun Jul 20 21:00:04 2008 +0200

    [ficgta01] Attempt to detect a dead/crashed/unusable TI Calypso and inform the user
        Under unknown circumstances bug #1192 triggers. The symptoms are the modem
        just saying +CME ERROR: 512. The best thing we can do for now is to attempt
        to detect this error and inform the user.

        Due the absence of a fault injection framework this commit is completely
        untested and has only been checked if it compiles.

        A proper fix which includes a modem reinit is incredible hard with the Qtopia
        code base so we can only hope that the error occurs once every month and
        restarting won't be too much of an issue.

        It is a bit unusual to open a window/widget in a modemservice but Qtopia
        lacks the possibility to escalate this error. The CellModemManager would
        have the proper state but there is no way for us to forward it there, also
        the stateChanged slot would likely trigger an assert...