Will the Neo1973 support Dual-SIM with SPST?

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 17:09:04 CET 2006

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 7:59, Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> On 12/1/06 11:28 PM, "Gabriel Ambuehl" <gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch> wrote:
>
>>>  Why not just copy the sim card into the phone?  We use Linux, so we
>>> can do
>>>  whatever we like
>>
>>  I'm not sure, but doesn't the GSM module want to talk to the SIM card
>>  directly?
>
> The SIM card initialization details are handled by the closed system.
> The
> open processor (2410) can only talk over AT commands.
>
> -Sean

That only means you can't do it without some modification of the
motherboard and module.
I was planning on building my own linux based phone from components
before I found this project. Assembled from modules, it would not be
hard, just the sofware side would take time... Right..?  So I also
thought about this multi-sim thing and I concluded that the protocal for
talking to a sim is available.. Indeed, you can build something to copy
the sim to your laptop if you wanted... So I thought of making a virtual
sim software which would store and allow switching between multiple
copies of sims...

Then you wire the sim interface from the gsm module to gpio on the
processor and write the necessary driver to make it look like a sim.

The technical aspect isn't really that hard.  Just time consuming.
--Tim