FPGA? [scanned]

Paul Bohme openmoko at bohme.org
Wed Dec 6 11:12:35 CET 2006

  Remind me again why Sean's dad would care about an FPGA..? ;-)

  Remember guys, while it is eminently hackable, it's still a _phone_.
Tons of good ideas for a lot of other devices and uses, but it's a
little much for the tight boundaries we're living with here.  Stack too
much non-phone hardware into this one unit and it becomes something that
nobody needs enough to justify the $$.

  Just a thought, from someone with a drawer full of dead PDA's/phones
(some of them Linux-based and ultra-hackable..)

  -P