Adding an overview page to openmoko.{com,org}

Joel Newkirk moko at newkirk.us
Wed Dec 6 21:17:06 CET 2006

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Atlasz wrote:
>> Well, having bluetooth or wifi would be important for me. Any chance,
>> that SDIO bluetooth or wifi card could be used with Neo1973?
>
> Unfortunately not -- for a variety of reasons:
>
> 1.) sdio cards in micro-sd cards are very rare
> 2.) we have yet to see an open sdio driver for linux

Sadly, yes.

> 3.) our micro-sd slot is between the battery and the PCB -- RF would
> be dampened too much

Ewww.  I hope this will be reconsidered for later devices.  I can tell
you that among a laundry-list of peeves about my old Nokia 6600, having
the MMC card buried under the battery was very high on the list.

Placing it there relegates it to use as extra internal storage.  Having
it readily removable while the device is operating makes it FAR more
useful - swap out to camera, handheld, laptop, etc with ease.