Hurra Richard! Wofson WM8753 ; ) doing distance messuring with ultrasonic?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Dec 12 17:58:10 CET 2006

Hurra Richard!
;)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Richard Franks wrote:

> Hurrah Robert!
;)

> I'm not an audio engineerologist, however a quick read of the
> datasheet shows input/output rates of up to 96kHz.. so the theoretical
> highest frequency at that level would be 48kHz.. meaning there may be
> room in the non-audible spectrum for comms depending upon the
> sensitivity of the mic/speaker components.
:))
Doing distance messuring with ultrasonic?
;))
40kHz example:
http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/audiovis/Distance28015.pdf

> Is anyone else excited about having a 96Khz ADC with programmatic
> access in their pocket?

> I'm still a bit fuzzy regarding whether there is a physical wire
> connecting the microphone to the GSM (has its own ADC?), or whether
> the 2401 provides the GSM with the converted digtal stream?

Line-In1 Line-In2 have a connection to the out, but could be connected
to the ADC and it seems that the WM8753 have a enconder "Voice codec"
so without SoC power the GSM audio could be compressed.

But a RAW un-decoded GSM audio output via serial IO would be better,
then could the Neo1973 do high quality audio stereo recording while
an incoming call is answered by asterisk/answering machine.

Sean? ;)

Cheers, and happy hacking,
rob