GPLv3 and Mobile Phones

Richard Franks spontificus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:52:08 CET 2006

On 12/15/06, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl> wrote:
> This mailinglist and #openmoko, but I was protesting against presenting
> things as actual facts, when things aren't sure.

Dragging this back on-topic, you bring up an interesting example.
Creating an ethic such as "information should be free", and then
following it to the letter, isn't always the most positive course of
action. Like giving someone a Christmas present, but telling them what
it is before they unwrap ;-)

But ethics are easier to follow than  thoughtfully considering each
circumstance individually, which is my main beef with the arguments
way above.

Richard