Killer Application (was: a lot of things)

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Fri Dec 15 22:49:46 CET 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 19:53, Richard Franks wrote:
> Apple doesn't have 'killer applications' as such, but each application
> which comes close draws upon a consistent coherent interface - the
> 'just works' philosophy. I'd say this is even more crucial for a
> mobile phone as you have less opportunity to 'fix' things without
> ready access to a keyboard.

Not meaning to start a flamewar, but if your idea of just works is the same as
the one on OSX, i.e only the lowest common denominator features with a GUI
that allows one way to do it and one only (i.e. very stubborn) then I'll
gladly pass on OpenMoko. The one reason I'm not using OSX is exactly the fact
that it wont allow me to chose how I want to work...

We have enough dumb phones (even most so called smart phones), why not make a
smart one for a change...