Internal flash size

Paul Bohme openmoko at bohme.org
Wed Dec 20 16:27:59 CET 2006

Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 15:31, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:
>
>> It is easy to find 2GB usb sticks on market for <20 EUR. FIC Phone will get
>> 64MB (preliminary specs)...
>>
>> Can it get more? 512MB or more with good partitioning (/ + /home) would be
>> nice
>>

> I would second that request. 1GB or even 2GB shouldn't make it prohibitively
> more expensive but a LOT more useful (and still much cheaper for us customers
> than having to buy overpriced microsd cards ;-).

Remember that this is still a phone..  Your general 'user' to whom this
needs to appeal will probably be hard pressed to fill the flash
provided.  Every penny counts in parts on devices like this, and that
much of an increase with little end-user gain isn't nearly as easy as it
sounds.

Last night I got an ad in the mail from a cell company that claims the
Motorola RAZR phone retails for US$199.  Our neo - which from a consumer
point of view already has fewer hardware features - is significantly
more expensive than this.  It could be reasonably said that we should be
looking for things to leave *out* to reduce the cost, must less trying
to push it even farther.

Those of us that have delusions of grandeur (myself foremost ;-) are
more than likely best served with adding our own storage.

  -P