AGPS or: Global Locate's Marketing debunked

roberto previdi hariseldon78 at yahoo.it
Wed Dec 27 13:14:41 CET 2006

You are right, and i am sorry if my email started a bad flame..
But my point of view is that it was really time that the opensource idea came to the ultra closed phone market, and i really would like to see openmoko grow. But a good software on a bad hardware could be a big mistake for the very life of the project.. Developers could be demoralized by seeing little feedback to their efforts and the community could loose at least some of its potential..
If for example i was the marketing manager of a commercial software house for the phone market i would encourage the developing of the first opensource initiative over a loosy hardware platform, because the failing of it would probably mean the failing of all the open project, and of consequence the grow for my software.

just my opinion and sorry for the bad english..

Roberto