Idea: WiFi to GPRS gateway

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Wed Dec 27 17:59:41 CET 2006

On Wednesday 27 December 2006 17:42, Ole Tange wrote:
> If you are located a place without internet connection the Neo should
> be able to act as a WiFi access point and route this through GPRS to
> the Internet. It will probably make sense to make the access point not
> open for anyone.

This is mostly a matter of getting a WiFi chip that supports acting as access
point which is something not all of them support AFAIK.

I suppose one could do it with adhoc networking, too. It would work somewhat
differently than most are used to, but given you somehow get the Neo to speak
WiFi it looks rather easy, actually.