Adding an overview page to openmoko.{com,org}

Robert Michel openmokol at robertmichel.de
Wed Nov 15 16:58:01 CET 2006

Salve Koen!

Good idea - Sean could add that this will not
be the final specification.

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Koen Kooi wrote:
> There's a continuous stream of questions flooding this mailinglist, so isn't it time to
> add an overview page to the openmoko site(s)?
yes ;) and I think some links would be helpfull, too

> - From what I know so far:
>
> Hardware
>  * samsung s3c2410 SoC
http://origin.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/Support/ebrochure/systemlsi/2410_ds_200408.pdf
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/MobileSoC/ApplicationProcessor/ARM9Series/S3C2410/2410UserManual.pdf
    * 128MB RAM
    * 64MB flash memory

>  * bluetooth 2.0
Sean, is still a *likely* neccessary? ;)

>  * unpowered USB OTG
USB 1.1 host/device mode - femal connector mini-USB-A
        (USB 1.1 max 12 MBit/s)

>  * usb gadget
   *  battery charging via usb

>  * 280DPI VGA screen
     2,8" 640 x 480

>  * touchscreen
     2 additional buttons

>  * micro-sd slot
     1GB maximum (due s3c2410)

   * Quadband-GSM with GPRS (2.5G), no EDGE

>  * some unknown AGPS chip
   * Audio Jack plug 2.5mm (But mono/stereo only headphone or also
   * microphone?)

> Software
>  * uboot
>  * Xorg kdrive 7.x
>  * gtk 2.6.x
>  * openmoko libs/widgets/etc
>  * matchbox
>  * ipkg
>  * closed-source 'agpsd'
     running in userspace
   * Funambol's dual-licensed SyncML stack
     http://www.funambol.com/press/Funambol_OpenMoko.pdf

> Buildsystem
>  * A bitbake collection to be used with OpenEmbedded, will be merged in (approx) january
> into org.openembedded.dev

Rob