List concerns...

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Fri Nov 17 11:26:09 CET 2006

Hello.

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 23:49, Dan Koester wrote:
> I'm sorry if I offended anyone.  I've been on mailing lists for years
> and they all have followed these 2 things and I suppose I'm used to
> them.

Why not read one of the kernel devel lists?

> When I click on reply I expected it to automatically reply-to the
> list.

So how do you reply to me in private? Copy and paste the email
address from the origin mail into the to field? Copy and paste email
addresses in a mail program?

> I didn't realize there were such strong feelings towards these ideas...
> I do see the reasons for the reply-to address... but the subject line
> doesn't make sense to me at all.  I feel it's a huge advantage to add a
> prefix that is well known.

You're right break reply-to is the bigger problem here. Of course you
can still write the prefix into the subject yourself.

Anyway it is the decision od the list admins. I think we can stop
discussion now.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

PS: Yes, I know I'm harsh here.  But I can still friendly answer
technically questions you have. :)