Using UART/SPI... for swithing 2-8 SIM-cards Re: [Neo1973] Hardware access: additional solder points ; )

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Sun Nov 19 16:56:32 CET 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 16:36, Robert Michel wrote:
> One of the potential would be a software controlled switching of
> different SIM-cards. AFAIK "Benefon Twin Dual SIM" was the first
> phone that allows the user to switch between two SIM-cards with
> the phone GUI.

Pushing this further, I'd LOVE to see a phone that can use two SIM cards at
the SAME time (so I can have two numbers which would be useful for anyone who
has both business and private mobile numbers or got screwed with a bad tariff
and can't transfer his number right now...).

I doubt this is possible but still one can dream ;)