Using UART/SPI... for swithing 2-8 SIM-cards Re: [Neo1973] Hardware access: additional solder points ; )

Sean Moss-Pultz sean_mosko at fic.com.tw
Tue Nov 21 11:15:50 CET 2006

On 11/19/06 11:56 PM, "Gabriel Ambuehl" <gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch> wrote:

> Pushing this further, I'd LOVE to see a phone that can use two SIM cards at
> the SAME time (so I can have two numbers which would be useful for anyone who
> has both business and private mobile numbers or got screwed with a bad tariff
> and can't transfer his number right now...).

This is a dream of mine for quite some time, too. I'm always traveling
between the States, Taiwan. Two SIM cards are a pain to carry around without
loosing one.

All I can say is that is a colossal R&D effort. We did a market survey a
while back and just didn't feel confident enough about the number of users
to justify the project.

-Sean