Using UART/SPI... for swithing 2-8 SIM-cards Re: [Neo1973] Hardware access: additional solder points ; )

Sean Moss-Pultz sean_mosko at fic.com.tw
Tue Nov 21 15:48:59 CET 2006

On 11/21/06 7:01 PM, "Alessandro Iurlano" <alessandro.iurlano at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> This is a dream of mine for quite some time, too. I'm always traveling
>> between the States, Taiwan. Two SIM cards are a pain to carry around without
>> loosing one.
>>
>> All I can say is that is a colossal R&D effort. We did a market survey a
>> while back and just didn't feel confident enough about the number of users
>> to justify the project.
>
> If you are talking about users interested in dual SIMs phone I think there
> will be plenty of.
> Lots of friends of mine have two SIMs because of different operator's offers,
> and lots of coworkers have work and personal numbers.

Unless I misunderstood the first question, we wanted co-existence. I.E. You
could have both SIM cards in and working at the same time. This requires a
rewrite of the protocol stack. Ugly stuff that will require skill and lots
of field testing.

If all you want is two slots for the SIM cards with some (mechanical) switch
to pick one during power-on...that's another story.

-Sean