Adding an overview page to openmoko.{com,org}

Chad chad.page at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:46:07 CET 2006

On 11/21/06, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean_mosko at fic.com.tw> wrote:
> On 11/21/06 10:27 PM, "Stefan Schmidt" <stefan at datenfreihafen.org> wrote:
>
> > Why not wait until the first phone is released. You will see what
> > features it has.
> >
> > Talking about BT and wifi again and again don't change the facts. I'm
> > sure Sean and his team work hard to get a bluetooth enabled phone for
> > us.
>
> Thanks Stefan. We really are working super hard to get this into all your
> hands as soon as possible.
>
> When I have new information that I feel comfortable committing to, I will
> update everyone.

Reading between the lines here - it sounds like there's some issue
keeping BT from working correctly - if the issues are only in the
software stack and can be worked around later, I'd personally rather
have the hardware included even if it's only partially working at
launch and fixed a few months on. I can make do with USB tethering if
it's set up right, but having Bluetooth would just make it so much
sweeter in the long run.  There are just so many great applications
for it.