A marketing angle

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Wed Nov 22 22:45:43 CET 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 22:34, Ben F-W wrote:
> Taking account of this, I wonder if it would be possible/useful to be
> able to 'skin' the user interface? Not just in a visual way, but so that
> people could switch their phone from operating like a Nokia to operating
> like a Motorola to a Sony Ericsson to...? So when you get it out of the
> box, you can tell it what interface your last phone had, and all the
> 'keys' would operate exactly like you're used to.

Well there's the benq Blackbox concept out there which is essentially a phone
that has a touchscreen all over that does show context sensitive buttons.

However, I'm not entirely sure if the average user would even WANT to deal
with touchscreens over a real keypad. Many even complain over the Razr style
touchpads... In Asia that's not much of an issue but I imagine in the West
ist might very well be. For one thing, my parents never cared for the
touchscreen in my P900 PDA phone...