RGB pixel direction question Re: Drawing raw pixels to screen..

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Fri Nov 24 19:56:23 CET 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 18:33, Robert Michel wrote:
> > At 285dpi it might not be noticeably different.
> That is not a question of dpi.

It is. At some point subpixels get so tiny that you will not see them. This
means you will either not see the line at all or mostly as intended

> > which I generally use horizontally but I never really noticed a
> > difference with using it vertically (as oversized ebook reader)...
> Do you use mutt/vim with syntax highlighting in panorama/portrait mode?

No but occasionally Windows without Cleartype.

> It is very bothering with with fonts without "Anti-Aliasing"
> where on line of a capital is made with 1 pixel width
> maximum by using pure colour of red, green or blue
> on the non main display orientation.

I already wear glasses but I doubt that would help enough reading that tiny
fonts... Going that small simply isn't a very sensible thing to do. I think
it's even been proven that it is bad for your eyes.

> PS: I will make pictures about this effect...

I know the effect. I just dont think it's very bad at that size.