Application suggestions - a compilation

Richard Franks spontificus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 19:30:27 CET 2006

On 11/24/06, Ben F-W <openmoko at flemingwilliams.co.uk> wrote:
> Please note that this list deliberately didn't include promotional ideas
> ('limited offer' discount etc) or hardware/technical suggestions,
> although this line was sometimes hard to draw. My rough definition was
> whether it was something I'd expect to explain to an end user without
> getting a blank look.

Great work - not a fun task, but much appreciated!

I think your list could be filtered by three main categories (for wiki
purposes):

1) Neo1973 Application Ideas - anything which can run on the
out-of-box device according to the preliminary spec.
* Geolocation based services
* Encryption/Privacy/Security
* Contact Management
* PC Connectivity (home/office)
* Sound
* Video

2) Neo1973 Hardware Hacking - ideas which would require physical
modification or adaptation (including USB devices) to the Neo1973.

3) Neoxxxx - Wishlist Ideas - software/hardware ideas requiring
features potentially available in a future model (wifi, bluetooth,
accelerometers, three buttons, etc).

I'm most interested in what I can do with the first category. There is
some cross-over between #2+#3, but the rule of thumb would be - if you
have no idea about the technical details, stick it in wishlist
instead.

Once the categories have been decided upon, and the wiki set up.. I
have a bunch of time this weekend I could volunteer towards migrating
Bens list to the wiki.

Cheers,
Richard