Airplane Mode

David Schlesinger David.Schlesinger at palmsource.com
Mon Nov 27 22:24:11 CET 2006

While there isn't a large risk of interference, there's still some, just on the basis of general radiative "noise". Most airlines allow GPS receievers in-flight (except during take-offs and landings, when no electronic devices are allowed to be on); not all do, however.

Good luck explaining why it isn't a concern to Joe Random Flight-Attendant, should the subject come up; I predict you won't win that debate. Carrier requirements generally state that "flight mode" should disable _all_ radios, period, by the way.