Open Moko - GPL?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Nov 28 00:14:10 CET 2006

Salve Steve!

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Steve Salazar wrote:

> Wow, thanks for all the very quick responses.  Sorry if I sounded a little
> confrontational or if some of my questions were already answered in other
> posts but, you know, you get a little skeptical and this project does
> *almost* seem too good to be true (because it sounds that good).

Confrontational questions are not unproductive ;)

> Anyway, could you guys please disappoint me in some small way?  I mean all
> your answers are an OSS fan's dream.  Seriously I am very excited and glad
> to hear that things are being done in this way.
Some disadvantages yet:
- no wifi
- maybe no bluetooth as well
- unpowered USB port
- case not waterproof
- device not ready to keep 2m falls without damage
- no electrical compass, altometer, accelerometer
- no audio in
- no DRM longwave/shortwave radio
- no multimeter (not isolated against 400V)
- no laser pointer inside
- no camera
- no torch
- no IRDA
- no barcode scanner
- no 3D modell scanner
- no 3D room scanner
- no RS232
- no firelighter
- no swiss knive
- no toothpick
- no bottle opener
Enough or did you need more?
*g*

> Oh, and I missed the release info completely.  Sorry, I just saw "press
> info" and subconsciously skipped right past that.  Lots of good info there.
Could be a tipp that on the long term the webpage should not hide
it behind "press inf"

> Thanks again and good luck!
;)

To see some of your ideas - Ben did a great job and collected them
see:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2006-November/000256.html

Greetings,
rob