(re)charging control

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Tue Nov 28 11:40:33 CET 2006

Dnia poniedziałek, 27 listopada 2006 18:30, Robert Michel napisał:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, Marcin Juszkiewicz wrote:

> > 1. user is at home (where is charger)

> There is no need for a propritary charger ;)))))

> The charger will be a normal powerd USB port, so you can also
> - charge it at work,
> - with your laptop
> - There are also cheap 12V car adapter to power up there...
> - and I would like to see a small inexpensive adapter to AA / 9V
>   battery for contingency - just pick some batterys from another
>   device or by normal batteries (gettable at every corner)

But I *do not* want to keep usb cable in my pocket. FIC phone will get
Mini-B connector for charging/connecting. Do you know how many types of
Mini-B connector are in use? I have atleast 3 such cables at home and
I know devices with Mini-B which I cannot connect due to lack of cable.

> If yes - two battery blocks with a software controled anlalog
> switch instead of one would be the better design - the user
> could full discharge one battery before he charge it again.

It bump price and weight so please do not go this way.

> > 2. battery is <'in 10-14h will be empty'

>    So when I have a Neo1973 my first crontab would be a small script,
>    that it will check every 15 minutes if the battery has become lower
>    then 7% - when there is no phonecall or activity - give a warning
>    and switch of.

That kind of stuff will get your battery discharged faster. You should
rather follow acpid/cpufreqd configs.

> Anouther idea would be a "semi-online status" when you are sleeping,
> or travelling your device would be online only from time
> to time, e.g. 30 minutes intervall - asking your sever if someone
> tried to call you - or did send you a SMS and then swich off again.

And you will miss all calls during being 'semi online' - great stuff for
phone... "sorry that I was unavailable but my phone was in semi-online
mode to preserve battery".

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

                I saw what you did and I know who you are.