(re)charging control

Jeff Andros whitedrought at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 07:22:46 CET 2006

On 11/28/06, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean_mosko at fic.com.tw> wrote:

> On 11/28/06 2:24 AM, "Tomasz Zielinski" <tomasz.zielinski at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Questions to hardware developers:
> > 1. How long does the battery live with only GSM unit active?
> > 2. How long with GSM and GPS?
> > 3. How long with GSM, GPS and Bluetooth?
>
> We really don't have these answers at this point. I will keep you all
> posted.
>
> > 4. Is the user-mode software allowed to turn on and off various
> > modules? In example: crontab task turns the GPS on, read coordinates,
> > process them, turns GPS off and sleep for 15 minutes.
>
> This is an open device...even down to the kernel. Whether we allow this or
> not, if somebody wants to do it, it can happen ;-)
>
> -Sean

Um, the only thing I see as a problem, since you said in a previous email (
or later, I'm not sure, this is the order I read them) that all the hardware
requires an non-disclosure, either you're going to need to provide access to
the power up/sleep commands thru the drivers, or reverse engineering this is
going to suck, assuming there's even a software sleep command(I'd assume so,
but normally that begets bad things) even a nice constant for the commands,
and a passthrough character driver would be really nice.

I'm not asking you to go farther than your agreement, but if you could map
the system commands for the major components into the driver, that would be
a wonderful help

Thank you so much, Sean,  for making this all possible, it's really a
wonderful thing

--Jeff