Light sensor

Alex Savvutin alex-svx at mail.ru
Wed Nov 29 21:17:54 CET 2006

Hi Rob,

Yeah, the light sensor is interesting!

Kind of reverse - some mobile phones have a flash light. So that probably might be interesting too. :)

BTW: for the next device - that will have a camera - modern cameras can also see in the Infrared light, not only in the visible spectrum. You can try it - use a TV/etc remote control and point the diode into a mobile phone with a camera, enter pictures/video section and when you press a button on remote control you will see in mobile phone that the diode lights up a bit. So, if an Infrared lamp will be added to mobile phone it could become a night vision device :) But the infrared light source should be powerful enough (tried with a simple diode a few days ago - it didn't really light up the area).

Also, just thought - newest Motofone has an E-ink screen, maybe that could be interesting - imagine - face side is normal touch-screen, and the whole back side - another screen, with all the advantages of E-ink (very good for e-book readers for example, and personalization - like your own picture on the whole phone). But that could be expensive at the moment...

Best wishes,
Alex