Another idea for an application for the Neo: Instant sync to web page duplicating info on phone

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 01:48:00 CET 2006

Yeah.  But more specifically I am defining the type of api as web
services or web methods (they are the same thing usually).

Basically, the web method is a standard used to define the remote method
calls, their required parameters and types of acceptable data from
within a program.  Any program which can use web methods could use the
same backend services.  Its language neutral.  Its also transport
neutral.  You can define encrypted channels to be used as the
communication mechanism and regardless of which channel is used, the api
does not get altered.

Web services isolate the data transport mechanism from the application.
I could draw up the architecture but its pretty simple.

App --> calles web method from remote server and passes in data. The
data gets stored..
The reverse is also true if you want a fetch process to occur.

Web services also define types of activity as synchronus and
asynchronus...
Synchronus would be like a normal web request where you specify the url,
sometimes with parameters and get a page back immediately.
Asynchronus is more like subscribe/notify.
You tell the service you want something and when its available or
changed, based on the implementation, the response is sent back to you.

Its all bi-directional since any request can send some kind of data and
properly implemented, there is no reason you could not share data
between multiple neo's using the same interface.

I hope that's a little clearer... Maybe other with web services
background can help me explain the concept and maybe correct me if I
stated anything in error.
--Tim