multicolour multi-touch screen Re: OpenMoko/Neo1973 is pure (r)evolution :))) - do you recognized the power of "multi-touch gesture recognition"

Alexander Steinert sputnik at termo.net
Thu Nov 30 09:17:01 CET 2006

<Robert Michel, Wed 2006-11-29 20:02 CET>
> No keystroke at all - using just the different color points - areas....
> and use the combinatoric - 10 colour points without different areas
> would give the power of 10! = 3.628.800 combinations
> more areas would give more power
> - so it would become possible to write shorthand/stenography with this
> device and even faster then with normal keyboards.

Go go, gadgetto-hand, to hold my neo 'cause I want to write the next
chapter of "How to become a mach-3 typer" with eight fingers and two
thumbs on a 2.8" screen.[1]

Anyway, didn't want to stop your flow of ideas.

BTW: What do you think about T9? Touching instead pressing keys could
speed up the process noticable. And the user has the option to fit the
geometry of keys to his fingers.

Stony

[1] I printed a picture of neo in its original size and... yes it fits,
    but don't expect to see anything else but fingers.