tomtom on the Neo1973

Georg Michelitsch gm_ail at gmx.at
Mon Apr 2 10:46:06 CEST 2007

Just wanted to add that I'm interested in such a solution too, I'm
willing to pay for the maps, but I don't like the idea of having some
proprietary software on my phone, I would appreciate the solution of an
opensource GPS Navigation Application in connection with the maps from
Teleatlas, etc.
I just think that this is not really an easy project to realize it, in
two ways, firstly its a question of money (If you develop an application
you need to know the specifications of the map-formats so you need to
buy them in order to develop). Secondly it seems to me that writing such
an application wouldnt be quite easy in general, I bet there are not a
lot of people being experienced in GPS programming (correct me if I'm
mistaken).

But I don't want to take down your idea, as I said I would, in contrast,
appreciate the solution!