tomtom on the Neo1973

Sander van Grieken sander at outrightsolutions.nl
Mon Apr 2 11:24:57 CEST 2007

Their GO products are also ARM based if I recall correctly, so in theory
it should be possible to provide the expected ABI and run the proprietary
parts.

And IMHO the EULA doesn't prohibit running TomTom on another device, as
long as you remove the program from the original device..

>From the TomTom EULA:

1) GRANT OF LICENSE: This EULA grants a license (“License”) that permits
you to use the Software, provided the Software is installed on only one
computer or Hardware device at any time and provided the Software is
combined with only one navigation system. This License is non-exclusive
and non-transferable. This License does not grant any rights to obtaining
future upgrades, updates or supplements of the Software. If upgrades,
updates or supplements of the Software are obtained, however, the use of
such upgrades or updates is governed by this EULA and the amendments that
may accompany them and may be subject to additional payments and
conditions.
2) COPYRIGHT: Copyright and other intellectual, industrial and/or
proprietary rights to the Software, to any copies that you may make are
owned by TomTom and/or its suppliers. TomTom permits you to use the
Software only in accordance with the terms of this EULA. All rights not
specifically granted in this EULA are reserved by TomTom. You may either
(a) make one copy of the Software solely for backup or archival purposes,
or (b) transfer the Software to a single medium provided you keep the
original solely for backup or archival purposes. You may not copy the
product manual(s) or written materials accompanying the Software, except
for own use. You only become the owner of the material data carrier and
you do not acquire ownership of the Software.