Blacklist/whitelists

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Fri Apr 6 22:29:11 CEST 2007

François CHAVANT wrote:
> I did this kind of test several times. I'm afraid you are wrong...
> You will first get a receipt explaining that the message is "waiting" then,
> when the phone you sent the message to is turned on, you will get another receipt ("delivered" status).
Well, I guess you learn something new every day.  I'm sure people will
come up with plenty of reasons why this is "bad" and how it could be
used against them and how it invades their privacy.  I'm not going to
try to say that you are wrong.  But it really doesn't bother me and I
don't care one way or another.

What I will say is this.  We are trying to more or less write a
completely new mobile phone platform.  I'm all for doing things the
"right way" and challenging current implementation to find a better
way.  But we've got to pick and choose what battles we want to fight.
We are all going to have different opinions and priorities, so overall
prioritization (is that a word) of development isn't going to make
everyone happy.  Since pretty much every GSM phone already behaves this
way and the messages are controlled by the network I'd much rather spend
development time in ways other than to circumvent this "problem."

Just my $.02
-Jonathon