[News] Dash, the internet-connected gps

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Tue Apr 10 14:34:40 CEST 2007

Yep, coding easy to do however issues are-

Mapping of roads and associated speed limits, almost non existent in the
commercial space let alone in the open source space.

Penetration, with only a few thousand Neo's in the USA by the end of 07
(if that) and maybe 20-30,000 by the end of 08 there will not be enough
penetration to deliver the accuracy you need.

It's a good idea but as we come closer to the commercial launch I think
it's time for us to get a little more realistic about what is and isn't
possible (at least in the first 3-5 years).

Put it into your ideas drawer and bring it out later (or go and code a
blackberry/windows mobile 5/symbian alternative to get the numbers you
require)

BTW feel free to ignore all of the above advice and go for it :)

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net