[News] Dash, the internet-connected gps

Johan Prinsloo johan.a.prinsloo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 22:00:21 CEST 2007

You don't need mapping data for speed limits. If a group of users share
their data at a central server we can deduce the speed limit from past data.
The server can learn which suggested alternative routes are the most
effective for given traffic conditions. The server will know in real time
what the traffic conditions are on many routes. This would be incredibly
powerful when these devices become widespread and we form community servers
for traffic information.
We probably need to define open interfaces for this kind of server. The
server algorithms would be very interesting.

Johan

PS: hopefully the LA server will tell everyone to give up and stay home so I
can move around.