OpenMoko light web server

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Tue Apr 17 17:26:13 CEST 2007

Matthew S. Hamrick said the following on 16/04/07 18:11:
> At first people rejected the idea as being "silly." I mean seriously,
> why would you ever want to put a web server on an embedded device, right?

One of the advantages of web applications vs desktop applications is that you
can make some kind of web applications much quicker than with desktop
applications. We've all seen those 'Make a blog in 20 minutes with
$WEB_FRAMEWORK', everything from the databases to the GUI is quite simple to set
up and get going.

Kiwi (http://www.async.com.br/projects/kiwi) for pygtk comes close to this on
the desktop.

Rory