Some light ahead...

Duncan Hudson openmoko at dunc-it.com
Wed Apr 25 21:06:00 CEST 2007

Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> Finally, we've already begun moving production into one of our factories
> in mainland China. There are two runs scheduled now: May 10th and May
> 20th. We're going to take those runs a bit slow just to make sure the
> quality is high. And then starting in June, things can run full speed.

I'm as anxious as anyone to get my hands on one of these, but it just
concerns me that the date has slipped again.  With each slip the
competition gets closer and closer.  Openmoko has been compared,
favorably, by many sources to the iPhone - and it was originally
scheduled to ship months before that device.  Now we're talking about
shipping after the iPhone, so the bar that you have to clear will have
been raised considerably.

Dunc