Total Control over the phone

Marco Miani marco at marcomiani.it
Sat Apr 28 02:34:09 CEST 2007

hi everybody
after lurking from the beginning of this list I have a question :
Will we have total control over the GSM module?
I recently bought a Motorola Motofone F3 and my carrier ( Vodafone Italy
) called me for a firmware upgrade because the cellphone sends
periodically an sms to a UK number, even if the phone is power off.
Call me paranoid but I don't like a features like this. If my phone is
power off, it must be like death .....
I know than the GSM firmware is closed due to an NDA, but phone
developers can assure us that if the phone is power off nothing is done
over GSM ??
bye bye

marco