An idea of sorts

Rui Castro rui.castro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:36:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

And what about Telepathy (http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/).

Accordingly to the project summary:

"The Telepathy project aims to provide a unified framework for all
forms of real time conversations, including instant messaging, IRC,
voice calls and video calls. It uses the D-Bus messaging system to
provide a simple interface for client applications, allowing them to
quickly benefit from Telepathy's functionality."

It uses d-bus which is already included in OpenMoko platform
(http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMokoFramework).

I'm not an expert in this, but maybe it's a possibility.

Best regards,
Rui Castro