What's the real scope of hardware openness?

Clare Johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 01:31:57 CEST 2007

Earlier someone said:
I think you described just about every tech-savy teenager out there...

On 8/7/07, Luca Dionisi <luca.dionisi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your explanation.
>So, what are the current proposal for starting the real revolution?
>I'm getting bored and frustrated. :)
> There has to be something that we could do from the
> base to get rid of the bastards.

Or to put it another way, there is a lot of  suggestion out in the
community that young people ( in schools for example) are becoming
more violent. This is just the manifestation of the same problem in
the tech area.

It is something that has always been there, but magnified by the
improvement in communications.

I think we have  a duty to work peacefully toward improvement of these
problems on all levels, rather than find ways to accommodate our
aggressive instincts. Note that this is not an easy way out; it
involves fundamental changes in understanding of what rights
individuals have in society, starting with parents. And it will take a
century or so; we may not have time.

clare, who is pessimistic about people, religion, politics, climate change etc